TENNIS COURT RENTAL
Thanyapura Phuket’s 4 indoor and 2 outdoor Plexicushion tennis courts let you play your game whatever the weather.
Tennis Individual Court Rental – Indoor 600 THB
Tennis Individual Court Rental – Outdoor 400 THB
TENNIS COURT RENTAL PROCEDURE
- The Tennis Academy, under the direction of the Tennis Director, may pre-book courts for league matches, lessons, clinics, tournaments and other planned events. This will be shown on the booking sheet.
- Tennis Lessons, Clinics and Social Programmes have priority and may not be moved for any reason.
- Courts are open from 6:00am to 9:00pm, Monday to Sunday. Last Court booking is 8:00pm and court lights will be switched off at 9:00pm.
- Court times are offered in 1 hour blocks, and can only be booked ‘on-the-hour’
- Courts will be washed on a regular basis, and courts will be blocked for this purpose. No advanced notice will be given, although Courts will be washed at the same time each week, during off-peak hours.
- Guests need to be accompanied by a member and signed-in before playing on a tennis court.
- Guest fees must be paid in advance before play commences.
- Members must abide by Club and Tennis Rules & Regulations at all times. Rules & Regulations are posted at the entrance to the Tennis Courts and Members are expected to read, understand and follow them at all times.
Tennis coaching may be conducted by Spin & Slice Coaches only. Members and guests may not:
- Bring another Tennis coach onto the courts.
- Conduct coaching for any other members aside from members of their own family, who must be registered members.
- Spin & Slice coaches are all certified to the highest level and must be allowed to conduct coaching without intervention from parents. Parents should not accompany their children on court, and may not raise their voice from the Grandstands. ITF regulations allow moderate cheering & encouragement from the sidelines, but not coaching.
- Hitting partners are provided to offer tennis sessions to those without partners. They are not coaches and should not be used as coaches.
- Spin & Slice expects all Members to conduct themselves with courtesy to other Members at all times. Discourteous behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in suspension of Membership. Discourteous behaviour includes, but is not limited to; racquet abuse; foul or abusive language; shouting; hitting or kicking the court or court equipment.
- Members must respect the Plexicushion courts at all times. Plexicushion courts are kinder on knees, ankles and to ensure their longevity, Members must take care not to bring mud, rocks
or other debris onto the courts via their shoes.
- Please approach your designated court with respect to the players already on the courts, and do not enter the court while the previous group are still playing.
- Court timing is based on Spin & Slice clocks only, and changeover time is generally regarded to be on the hour.
- If players from the previous time slot still occupy their court at changeover time, it is the new players’ responsibility to cordially ask them to release the court.
- Players who occupy a court that they have not booked can and will be asked to vacate the court.
- Players forfeit assigned court if they fail to occupy it within 15 minutes of booked time. Once a court has been forfeited and given to another Member, the original player may not take over the court.
- Players who arrive late for their booked court must pay Court Fees in full, with no pro-rata reduction in Fees. Late players may not extend their time into the next time slot.
- Junior Players have the same rights as Adult Players. Junior players under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during social play.
- The Tennis dress code must be strictly followed, whereby all Members must wear appropriate tennis attire and non-marking shoes. Shirts may not be removed under any circumstances, and tennis shoes must be worn at all times.
- Members and their guests will be asked to vacate their court should they fail to adhere to Tennis dress code.
RAIN CHECK POLICY
- Members booking outdoor courts must accept that their session may be interrupted by rain.
- Spin & Slice has a duty of care to ensure that all Members play in a safe environment to reduce the risk of injury. Tennis staff will suspend play at their discretion and Members are expected to adhere to their decision
- Rain-Check Timing is strictly at the discretion of the Tennis staff, and play will resume at the discretion of the Tennis staff.