JUNIOR TENNIS ACADEMY PROGRAMME
The Thanyapura Junior Tennis Academy (JTA) is our new signature program for kids from 4 years to 18 years old, they will learn to play and have fun supervised by a world class tennis coaching team.
Our JTA follows the International Tennis Federation’s guidelines on developing junior players. JTA will be split into 4 levels, based on the color of balls used:
Each color is also divided into 2 different levels based on age and ability:
- Starter: for players that have just moved up a level, or who are learning basic technique
- Intermediate: for players who are ready to start rallying and playing points!
For these classes, we are encouraging you to sign up your children for the whole term as there is a limited number of participants per class (A maximum of 6 players are allowed per coach in any given class to ensure quality).
There are also ‘Mix-In’ classes available on Wednesdays and Saturday mornings where drop-ins are encouraged and the focus is more on live games and drills.
Different colors and levels utilize different equipment and court sizes (see below)
Red and Orange ball groups, for example, utilize smaller court sizes and rackets to “shrink the game” and facilitate learning for our youngest players.
Players may be moved up or stay in levels based on skill. The objective is to enable better learning by placing players of around the same ability together.
Stage 1: Red Level (4-7 years old)
Stage 2: Orange Level (7-9 years old)
A foam or felt ball is used which is 75% slower than a yellow ball.
A shorter racket of 43cm – 58 cm (17” – 23”) is used
The court dimensions are of 11m x 5.5m or 12m x 6m, played sideways with a smaller net.
A felt ball is used which is 50% slower than a yellow ball.
A shorter racket of 58cm – 63 cm (23” – 25”) is used
The court dimensions are 18m x 6.5m
Stage 3: Green Level (9-11 years old)
Stage 4: Yellow Level (12-18 years old)
A felt ball is used which is 25% slower than a yellow ball.
A racket of 63cm – 66cm (25” – 26”) is used
Played on the full-size tennis court
Regular tennis Balls
A racket of 63 cm – 69 cm (25” – 27”) is used
Played on the full – size tennis court
|Duration||Session rate for the full term
(1x a week)
|Session rate for the full term
(2x a week or more)
|Drop in Rate|
|Red Level||50 mins||THB 550||THB 400||THB 900|
|Orange Level||60 mins||THB 600||THB 450||THB 1100|
|Green Level||60 mins||THB 600||THB 450||THB 1100|
|Yellow Level||60 mins||THB 600||THB 450||THB 1100|
|Red Mix-In||50 mins||Drop in only||Drop in only||THB 550|
|Orange, Green, Yellow Mix-In||60 mins||Drop in only||Drop in only||THB 600|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Full prepayment required at time of booking.
- Full refund after deduct bank/credit card/transaction fee can be made if the cancellation made 14 days or more prior to starting date
- There will be no refund in any circumstance if the cancellation made less than 14 days prior to starting date
- If a child cannot make one of the classes that they have paid and signed up for, a make-up class can be scheduled by the tennis team, only if it does not disrupt other classes.
- There may be certain dates within the term where there is no play due to tennis or other events, this will be pre-packaged into the full term price and information will be made available to the parents beforehand.