- Distance 11.5km
- Elevation Gain 821m
- Est. Moving Time 4-5 hours
- Money for refreshments
- 2 x water bottles
- Spare tube (in case you get a flat!)
- Gearing 28 cassette
- Sunscreen (it’s hot)
- 9750 THB
- 3 Person Minimum
- Fully coached with local guide and experienced rider + story teller!
- Guide speaks English, Thai, Swedish with over 10 years in Phuket.
- Support vehicle included to take your gear and provide mechanical help
This isn’t your average bike tour, this is a full on experience that will leave you appreciating life and feeling humble and grateful for the amazing opportunities you have.
You’ll ride the beautiful smooth and fast relatively flat roads from Thanyapura up the coast to School Yaowawit which is a non-profit home-stay school that was founded after the devastating Tsunami of 2004 to care for orphaned and underprivileged children in southern Thailand.
While at Yaowawit you’ll get looked after by the amazing children and experience the local hot springs, yummy Thai food and get to interact with the kids and the staff, you’ll be blown away by all the beautiful smiles and the magic that’s going on here with kids who had nothing and are now thriving in this healthy community of learning, living and playing. Don’t forget you’re also invited to meditation with all the kids in the evening.
The next day you’ll be up early, get a cooked breakfast and head back to beat the heat. You’ll most likely ride home with a massive smile on your face due to you experience will all the amazing kids at Yaowawit and the VIP service they gave you.
At the end of day 1 you’ll end up at the Yaowawit School in Kapong where you’ll be checked into your lodge and your bags will already be waiting for you.
You will then grab lunch together and plan out your afternoon activities. Common choices are:
- Trip to local hot-springs (30 mins away)
- Book in-room massage at Yaowawit (recommend Thai massage) *it’s included in your package! Must pre-book.
- Go swimming with the kids in their cool outdoor pool in middle of jungle.
- Just rest in your air-conditioned room, check emails and chill out. Meet and play with the kids as they finish school. Your rooms are right there at the school and boarding school.
- Mediatation with the kids before dinner at 7.30pm each night.
Yaowawit School Kapong was founded by the “Children’s World Academy” Foundation in Germany and Thailand to help the victims of the Tsunami tragedy of 2004. Both foundations are registered according to German and Thai laws respectively.
Graf Philipp von Hardenberg initiated and founded the “Children’s World Academy Foundation” and “Yaowawit School Kapong” , which was opened in April 2006 by her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn.
Dinner will be served at 7:45pm after the kids finish mediation, you’ll be served by the children who are learning hospitality skills for future employment opportunities. The school has also partnered with JW Mariott to help train the kids in the hospitality industry and give them pathways for jobs once they graduate.
Dinner will be a traditional in-table bbq where you can cook fresh local organic ingredients on the hotplate (similar to Korean BBQ).
Mai Khao Beach
About 70km's into the ride
Breakfast will be served at 6:30am so you can be off on your bikes leaving Yaowawit by 7:00am sharp to beat the heat.
Daniel will guide you back to Thanyapura taking the more scenic coastal route which his slightly longer but will give you some different views from the day prior.
You can expect to get back to Thanyapuyra by about 1pm, there will be time for a couple of short refreshment stops on the way home to top up drink bottles and get any snacks you may want.