A simple blood test will determine the levels of 17 vitamins and minerals and antioxidants which can help you identify these potential deficiencies or excesses. There are many symptoms and physiological effects that could result from altered levels of micronutrients including a weak immune system, increased inflammation, increased free radical damage.
Vitamin and minerals in appropriate levels:
- Strengthen the immune system
- Reduce systemic inflammation
- Protect against free radical damage
- Maintain a healthful hormonal balance (i.e. thyroid, sex hormones, adrenal hormones, neurotransmitters/brain hormones, etc.)
- Maintain insulin sensitivity
- Slow cellular aging
- Promote the health all tissues: skin, bone, brain, breast, gut, breast, prostate, heart, etc.
- Protect against the development, progression and recurrence of cancer.
The micronutrient test will show levels of:
Vitamins A, E, C, D, B12 and lycopene, alpha and beta carotene, folate, ferritin, magnesium chromium, copper, selenium, zinc, and COQ10.