Drinking beet juice raises the nitric oxide levels in your body which helps the inner muscles of your blood vessels to relax and widen. This then enables your blood to move freely, delivering oxygen and nutrients to your whole body more efficiently!
In fact, vegetables high in nitrate – beetroot being at the top – can help to promote healthy blood flow resulting in lowered blood pressure, better brain function, and improved athletic performance.
Beets are a rich source of antioxidants, such as vitamin C, carotenoids, phenolic acids, and flavonoids, along with nitrate. And thanks to its impressive nutritional profile, professional athletes are supplementing with beet juice for improved cardiorespiratory endurance, performance and recovery.
4 IMPRESSIVE & SURPRISING BENEFITS OF BEET JUICE:
- Endurance athletes swear by beet juice to help cut minutes off run time and improve tolerance against high-intensity exercise.
- Acts a great blood purifier, which is key in keeping your skin glowing and healthy.
- Beet juice with its pulp is full of fibre helps in regulative your digestive processes and relieves constipation.
- Though high in sugar, beets actually help in regulating your blood sugar levels as the natural sugars are released very slowly in the body and thus, prevents sudden spikes.
The Bottom Line … So Beet It!
The beautiful beets have come a long way. They are one of the healthiest vegetables you can juice, undoubtedly. A glass of beet juice helps in giving you all the vitamins and minerals in a concentrated form.
It is best to have beet juice early morning or one hour before your breakfast. Here are a couple of delicious and easy ways to add more beets to your diet:
- Up Beet Detox Juice – beetroot, red apple and celery
- Pre-Workout Energy Shake – beetroot, mango and orange blended with some ice and a pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Available at Booster Deli & Café, open every day from 7 AM – 7 PM for dine-in and take-away. You can also pre-order via the link here to cut down on wait time: https://qr.finedinemenu.com/#/divine-restaurant/menu
This article is a nutritional tip brought to you by Morgane Quinchon, Thanyapura’s Nutrition Manager, Registered Dietitian & Sports Nutrition Advisor.
Edited by Ashlyne Nair