Thanyapura’s Yoga Therepy class is a restorative practice, and available for all levels. It is especially recommended for those who have sustained an injury. This gentle yoga practice aids in rehabilitation programs. It helps participants to achieve greater flexibility for stronger and healthier spines. The movements focus on increasing flexibility and strengthening the joints, knees and wrists. Guests who experience joint pain or weaknesses may find also relief in yoga therapy.
Yoga is a wonderful practice that benefits the individual in many ways. Regular students can expect to see an increase in their strength from building up tone without bulking out the muscles, an increase in flexibility, improved respiration, energy and overall vitality, weight loss and a stable metabolic rate, improved cardiovascular health and overall athletic performance. Yoga benefits athletes and individuals from all disciplines as it builds on the foundations any athlete needs to improve their own sporting focus. It is also builds awareness, as each movement demands focus and attention.
Although yoga has been practiced for thousands of years, originating around the 5th or 6th Century BCE in ancient India, it has only relativeley recently gained prominance in the West – in the 20th Century. Today, millions of people regularly practice forms of yoga, and aspects of its influence can be found in gyms, schools, places of worship, before or after competitive sports games, and in homes around the world.
- Calms and balances the mind and body
- Normalizes the body’s energy
- Aids in movement and mobility in joints and hips
- Lowers stress levels
- Better endurance
- A method to deal with anxiety and stress
What Should I Bring?
- Comfortable flowing pants and loose tops
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes
Additional Class Information
Warnings or extra advice…
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- Reservations must be made with Club Services and acceptance into the class will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Email: Fitness@thanyapura.com or contact Club Services
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.
- Individual and small groups (2-5 people) sessions also available on request.
Contact Club Services to secure your place.