Calm your mind and stretch your body with yin yoga. This works on tendons, ligaments, fascia and joints. The style of practice is slow paced. It consists of a series of passive postures, mainly on the floor. As it targets connective tissues, practitioners will remain in postures in a meditative state and long period between five and twenty minutes.
Yin Yoga Methodology
- Yin yoga helps regulate the flow of energy in the body, softens the muscles and moves them closer to the bone.
- This form of yoga requires you to sit longer in comfortable positions. You meditate by stretching the joint’s connective tissues.
- Hold a supine and seated position for 3-5 minutes. The instructor will take you through the four principles of Yin Yoga.
- Find your edge, embrace stillness, hold the pose, and carefully release. These poses challenge the body’s deep tissues.
- Yin Yoga feels uncomfortable at first. These unpleasant sensations will fade away as you practice. Yin yoga is open to all levels of practitioners.
- Calms and balances the mind and body
- Normalizes the body’s energy
- Aids in movement and mobility in joints and hips
- Lowers stress levels
- Better endurance
- A method to deal with anxiety and stress
What Should I Bring?
- Comfortable flowing pants and loose tops
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes
Additional Class Information
Warnings or extra advice…
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- Reservations must be made with Club Services and acceptance into the class will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Email: Fitness@thanyapura.com or contact Club Services
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.
- Individual and small groups (2-5 people) sessions also available on request.
Contact Club Services to secure your place.