Thanyapura’s Swim Techniques and Endurance class focuses on developing good breathing techniques whilst improving strokes, kicking and body rotation skills. These are the most fundamental elements to work on in order to make a huge difference to technique and performance. Endurance swimming is one of the most valuable skills for triathletes. Thanyapura’s coaches help triathletes develop the ability to sustain high intensity swims.
The class focuses on smooth swimming for long periods, as well as building up fitness levels to help swimmers exit the water after 1.5 kilometres, and continue on with their future races. The longer sets mirror slow, long distance runs and rides. The goal is to keep steady momentum and heart rate without overtaxing the body. Aqua workouts tone the whole body, helping to improve endurance, burn calories and tone muscles – particularly the abdominal and core muscles. Because water is 800 times denser than air, it offers a greater resistance and a challenging workout. But when individuals are semi-submerged, the surrounding water will support between 50-90% of their weight, offering a low-impact workout.
Aqua workouts are beneficial to everyone from all abilities, and is ideal for those recovering from injury. The cooler temperature of water lowers the heart rate, regulates the body’s temperature, and aids in burning fat through increased blood circulation. For those that suffer from chronic illnesses like arthritis, water-based exercises have been known to improve the use of joints without worsening their symptoms.
Regular aquatic exercise has also been shown to have a positive effect on an individual’s mental health by decreasing anxiety, improving mood, and improving self-confidence. Thanyapura is situated at the foothills of a national park, and its pool facilities are spacious and open. With no pollution or traffic noises to compromise the enjoyment of a workout, classes like Swim Techniques and Endurance highly effective in building up stamina.
- The start and finish lines are at Thanyapura.
- The entry fee includes the race program, race bib numbers, timing chip, pre-race souvenir pack. The first 300 registrants will receive a FREE cycling jersey.
- The entry deadline is 16 January, 2017
ADDITIONAL CLASS INFORMATION
- you can swim 1km. Continue not over 30mins or pace 3mins
- This session we will train at less 1.5-2.5km
- Bring your own swimming gears
What Should I Bring?
- Swim Cap
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- If you have any injuries, please be assessed one on one and bring a medical certificate to participate in the class.
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- All classes are on “First Come, First Serve” basis and subject to availability.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Club Services.
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.