Thanyapura’s Deep Stretch and Restorative Yoga class focuses on opening up the connective tissues, relaxing the muscles, and calming the nervous system. Some postures use yoga props as a support to deeply release muscle tension. The goal is to support the body in a way that enables the individual to deeply stretch the ligaments and tendons. Students will be guided to find their boundary within a stretch, and then wait for their body to allow them to go a little bit deeper.
The class helps to restore, relax and release stress and tension in the body calmly through awareness and peace. Restorative yoga is a wonderful companion after a rigorous athletic workout. The focus of restorative yoga is on stillness and calming movements sustained for long periods of time. The class is also suitable for all levels – from beginner to advanced. Yoga is a wonderful practice that benefits the individual in many ways. Regular students can expect to see an increase in their strength from building up tone without bulking out the muscles, an increase in flexibility, improved respiration, energy and overall vitality, weight loss and a stable metabolic rate, improved cardiovascular health and overall athletic performance.
Yoga benefits athletes and individuals from all disciplines as it builds on the foundations any athlete needs to improve their own sporting focus. It is also builds awareness, as each movement demands focus and attention. Although yoga has been practiced for thousands of years, originating around the 5th or 6th Century BCE in ancient India, it has only relativeley recently gained prominance in the West – in the 20th Century.
Today, millions of people regularly practice forms of yoga, and aspects of its influence can be found in gyms, schools, places of worship, before or after competitive sports games, and in homes around the world.
Restorative Yoga and Deep Stretching Methodology
This class helps in restoring, relaxing, and releasing stress and tension in your body calmly through awareness and peace. This form of yoga is a wonderful companion after rigorous athletic workouts. Instructors will teach you how to center your breathe and body. The focus of restorative yoga is on stillness and calm movements sustained for long periods of time. All levels are welcomed!
- Become more flexible
- Takes relaxation of the body to a deeper level
- Calms the mind
- Results in better healing and balancing the nervous system
- Improves the immune system and your mood
- Teaches compassion and understanding of others and oneself
What Should I Bring?
- Comfortable flowing pants and loose tops
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes
Additional Class Information
- If you have any injuries, please be assessed one on one and bring a medical certificate to participate in the class.
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- All classes are on “First Come, First Serve” basis and subject to availability.
- Email: email@example.com or contact Club Services.
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.
MEMBERS & HOTEL GUESTS
STAY WITH US
JOIN THIS CLASS
JOIN 3-MONTH MEMBERSHIP
- Discounts available for block bookings for multiple sessions.
- Individual and small groups (2-5 people) sessions also available on request.
Book Your Class
Let us know how we can help you and one of our dedicated concierge team will get back to you very quickly. You will also receive a copy of your enquiry send immediately to your inbox.