Thanyapura’s Muay Thai class in Phuket teaches guests Thailand’s national sport. The “art of eight limbs” uses fists, elbows, feet and knees for offensive and defensive strikes. This martial arts form is a fun and exciting way to lose weight, improve strength and increase endurance.
Students work the bags and pads with a trainer on drill exercises for the knees, front kicks and punches.
Muay Thai Class in Phuket – Methodology
- Running or skipping rope for 5-10 minutes
- Stretching and shadowboxing for 10 minutes
- Basic Muay Thai movement instruction for three 3-minute rounds
- Bodyweight exercises in between rounds
- Clinching and sparring is available for advanced students
- Challenging workout results in improved cardiovascular performance
- Kicking and footwork develops leg strength
- Rotational nature of the sport increases core (abdomen) muscles
- Kicking and kneeing movements leads to better hip mobility
- Focusing on technique and drills provides stress relief
Additional Class Information
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- Reservations must be made with Club Services and acceptance into the class will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.
What Should I Bring?
- Barefoot (no shoes or socks required)
- Hand wraps and gloves (optional)