Before there was Muay Thai, there was Muay Chaiya. Originated 200 years ago, King Rama V taught Muay Chaiya to regular townsfolk. Muay Thai Chaiya training uses both offensive (throwing, smashing, grappling, and breaking) and defensive techniques (dodging, pushing, and blocking). Use the arms and legs as defensive weapons.
Muay Chaiya Methodology
Unlike Muay Thai, students do not start by learning to kick or punch. Instructors teach the steps and movements. Students practice them thousands of times before slowly learning techniques in kicking and punching. Learn Muay Thai Chaiya for its cultural and fitness value. As Muay Chaiya instructors are rare in Thailand, take advantage of this class to discover the roots of Thailand’s national sport. Develop basic, strong, impressive self defense skills for real situations while keeping the body fit through exercises to work the core.
- Learn a solid defense system using arms and legs as weapons
- Discover Muay Thai’s original, complete martial arts form
- Practice drills and movements repeatedly until they are automatic
What Should I Bring?
- Wear loose shorts and shirts for mobility
- Patience and endurance to repeat the same drills until you perfect them
Additional Class Information
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- Reservations must be made with Club Services and acceptance into the class will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.