Go off road with Thanyapura’s Mountain Bike Ride in this adventure training session. For those that have the passion to go off the beaten track, this session to attend. It is a great workout that not only trains the legs and heart, but also the whole body as the rider pushes and pulls their mountain bike up and down trails designed for serious fun.
Cycling brings with it many health benefits. From an improvement in athletic performance, to a better night’s sleep, cycling accessible to all levels and is the favoured sport by millions of people around the world. Cycling offers similar benefits to running. Every time an individual goes for a ride, they reduce their resting heart rate, meaning the heart doesn’t have to work as hard to pump blood around the body.
Cycling also makes the brain produce endorphins, which help to improve mood, productivity and self-confidence. Going for a ride strengthens the joints and builds muscles without bulking them out too much, and greatly improves the individual’s energy levels throughout the day.
Regular training also works the core and the abdominals, which are often seen as the ‘powerhouse’ of the body. And unlike running, cycling is low impact, so it encourages the cyclist to go for longer. It is sustained-stamina training, as opposed to max stamina. Cycling is a popular pasttime in Thailand, enjoyed by people of all ages.
- Like getting out into nature
- Training for an off road triathlon
- Looking to cross train – then this is for you!
What Should I Bring?
- Water bottle
- Mountain Bike
- Appropriate Riding Gear
Additional Class Information
- This class is for intermediate to advanced athletes.
- Beginners should book a one on one coaching session for bike skills training.
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- Reservations must be made with Club Services and acceptance into the class will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.