Thanyapura’s Long Run on Quiet Road sessions are perfect for runners that enjoy group training and interesting terrain. Thanyapura is situated at the foothills of a national park, and the surrounding roads are commonly lined with rubber plantations, or next to government-protected natural land. Running is a higely popular form of exercise, and brings with it many health benefits. Every time an individual goes for a run, they reduce their resting heart rate, meaning the heart doesn’t have to work as hard to pump blood around the body.
Running also makes the brain produce endorphins, which help to improve mood, productivity and self-confidence. Going for a run strengthens the joints and builds muscles without bulking them out too much, and greatly improves the individual’s energy levels throughout the day. Regular training also works the core and the abdominals, which are often seen as the ‘powerhouse’ of the body. One of the most appealing things about running is its versatility.
No equipment is needed to get going; all a runner really needs is a pair of decent athletic shoes, comfortable sports gear and maybe a killer playlist to motivate them to go further, faster and longer. Running gives the individual time to reflect, process and develop thoughts that can help them in their daily life, and is often seen as a form of meditation as it offers a well-deserved break from the day-to-day stresses of professional or personal life.
- The start and finish lines are at Thanyapura.
- The entry fee includes the race program, race bib numbers, timing chip, pre-race souvenir pack. The first 300 registrants will receive a FREE cycling jersey.
- The entry deadline is 16 January, 2017
Additional Class Information
- If you have any injuries, please be assessed one on one and bring a medical certificate to participate in the class.
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- All classes are on “First Come, First Serve” basis and subject to availability.
- Email: email@example.com or contact Club Services.
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.
What Should I Bring?