Thanyapura’s Hatha Flow Yoga class is for advanced practitioners. This challenging practice uses breathing exercises to smoothly transition from one pose to the next. It connects the body and the mind by allowing guests to understand each pose and make safe transitions between each one. The class concludes with deep stretching exercises and guided relaxation techniques. Participants can expect to leave feeling warm and ready for the day ahead, having improved flexibility, strength and stamina. Hatha is a type of yoga that focuses on physical exercises to strengthen the body, along with the mind. The word ‘Hatha’ is ‘force’ in Sanskrit, emphasising the athleticism needed for yoga.
Yoga is a wonderful practice that benefits the individual in many ways. Regular students can expect to see an increase in their strength from building up tone without bulking out the muscles, an increase in flexibility, improved respiration, energy and overall vitality, weight loss and a stable metabolic rate, improved cardiovascular health and overall athletic performance. Yoga benefits athletes and individuals from all disciplines as it builds on the foundations any athlete needs to improve their own sporting focus. It is also builds awareness, as each movement demands focus and attention.
Although yoga has been practiced for thousands of years, originating around the 5th or 6th Century BCE in ancient India, it has only relativeley recently gained prominance in the West – in the 20th Century. Today, millions of people regularly practice forms of yoga, and aspects of its influence can be found in gyms, schools, places of worship, before or after competitive sports games, and in homes around the world.
- Calms and balances the mind and body
- Normalizes the body’s energy
- Aids in movement and mobility in joints and hips
- Lowers stress levels
- Better endurance
- A method to deal with anxiety and stress
What Should I Bring?
- Comfortable flowing pants and loose tops
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes
Additional Class Information
Warnings or extra advice…
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- Reservations must be made with Club Services and acceptance into the class will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Email: Fitness@thanyapura.com or contact Club Services
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.
- Individual and small groups (2-5 people) sessions also available on request.
Contact Club Services to secure your place.