The Core class, as its name suggests, focuses on all aspects of the body’s core. This includes the abdominals, the obliques, the glutes and lower back muscles, which are worked to strengthen the body and improve posture.
Core workouts are important to help reduce the chances of injury when performing all the tasks that day-to-day life brings. As the muscles surrounding the spine are all worked, they help to form a strong, stable and powerful core. It does not matter which sport guests specialise in, or what Form of exercise they favour, building up a strong core is important in all sporting disciplines.
Core exercises can be done as often as the body permits, so it is important to pay attention. Once muscle failure happens (when the muscles are fatigued enough that they cannot complete another repetition), a rest time must be taken before taking part in another core workout to allow the muscles to recover. If muscle soreness occurs, it is important to drink lots of water, stretch regularly over the next few days, and partake in light exercise each day to warm the body up. A hot bath can also help. Thanyapura’s Lifestyle locker rooms are fully equipt with hot and cold baths, steam rooms and Infrared saunas.
- Improved posture
- A stronger core
- A greater foundation for total body strength
What Should I Bring?
- Bottled water
- Workout towel
- Athletic shoes
Additional Class Information
- If you have any injuries, please be assessed one on one and bring a medical certificate to participate in the class.
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- All classes are on “First Come, First Serve” basis and subject to availability.
- Email: email@example.com or contact Club Services.
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.