Thanyapura’s Pranayama Yoga class focuses on working to achieve correct body balance and breath. ‘Pranayama’ is Sanskrit and translates as ‘breath or life force’. It is the fourth ‘limb’ of the 8 limbs of Ashtanga yoga. Thanyapura’s instructor will guide students through a series of breathing exercises to help them master breath control.
Yoga is a wonderful practice that benefits the individual in many ways. Regular students can expect to see an increase in their strength from building up tone without bulking out the muscles, an increase in flexibility, improved respiration, energy and overall vitality, weight loss and a stable metabolic rate, improved cardiovascular health and overall athletic performance. Yoga benefits athletes and individuals from all disciplines as it builds on the foundations any athlete needs to improve their own sporting focus. It is also builds awareness, as each movement demands focus and attention.
Although yoga has been practiced for thousands of years, originating around the 5th or 6th Century BCE in ancient India, it has only relativeley recently gained prominance in the West – in the 20th Century. Today, millions of people regularly practice forms of yoga, and aspects of its influence can be found in gyms, schools, places of worship, before or after competitive sports games, and in homes around the world.
- Calms and balances the mind and body
- Normalizes the body’s energy
- Aids in movement and mobility in joints and hips
- Lowers stress levels
- Better endurance
- A method to deal with anxiety and stress
What Should I Bring?
- Comfortable flowing pants and loose tops
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes
Additional Class Information
Warnings or extra advice…
- If you have any injuries, please be assessed one on one and bring a medical certificate to participate in the class.
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- All classes are on “First Come, First Serve” basis and subject to availability.
- Email: email@example.com or contact Club Services.
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.
- Individual and small groups (2-5 people) sessions also available on request.
Contact Club Services to secure your place.