Thanyapura’s Group Bike Ride is the long ride of the week, and covers 40-70km. It is designed for cyclists and triathletes who wish to improve and increase their endurance, but is also suitable for beginner to intermediate athletes looking at competing over middle to long distance triathlons.
Cycling brings with it many health benefits. From an improvement in athletic performance, to a better night’s sleep, cycling accessible to all levels and is the favoured sport by millions of people around the world. Cycling offers similar benefits to running. Every time an individual goes for a ride, they reduce their resting heart rate, meaning the heart doesn’t have to work as hard to pump blood around the body.
Cycling also makes the brain produce endorphins, which help to improve mood, productivity and self-confidence. Going for a ride strengthens the joints and builds muscles without bulking them out too much, and greatly improves the individual’s energy levels throughout the day.
Regular training also works the core and the abdominals, which are often seen as the ‘powerhouse’ of the body. And unlike running, cycling is low impact, so it encourages the cyclist to go for longer. It is sustained-stamina training, as opposed to max stamina. Cycling is a popular pasttime in Thailand, enjoyed by people of all ages.
What Should I Bring?
- Road Bike
- Appropriate Riding Gear
Additional Class Information
- If you have any injuries, please be assessed one on one and bring a medical certificate to participate in the class.
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- All classes are on “First Come, First Serve” basis and subject to availability.
- Email: email@example.com or contact Club Services.
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.