Our bodies are constantly going through natural detox. Ingesting more toxins on a daily basis makes it difficult for our bodies to handle the demand for its natural cleansing process. A few sources of toxins include:
- Air (pollution)
- Water (heavy metals, BPAs from plastic bottles)
- Food (pesticides and chemicals)
- Drugs and tobacco
- Household and personal care products (Inhaled and absorbed by skin)
- Stress and negative emotions
How do you know if you have unsafe levels of toxins in the body?
- Anxiety and depression,
- Skin disorders
- sleep problem
- Weight gain
- Poor cognition
- bloating gas and poor digestion
- acne and dull skin
- hair loss
- loss of libido
- frequent illness
Here’s a few simple natural detox plan for beginners to get you started:
- Adopt a 7-day plant-based diet. To get started cooking plant-based meals in your kitchen, check out this recipe. Clean eating consist of fresh vegetables and fruits while avoiding meat, dairy, alcohol, salt and sugar.
- Exercise for 30 minutes a day, five days a week. Move your body. Limit television and computers to less than eight hours a day.
- The five-minute meditation. Stress disturbs your hormone functions and creates inflammation in the body. Practicing meditation for five minutes a day before you go to bed will help you sleep better.
- Get eight hours of sleep. It’s not only important to get enough sleep – the quality counts. Aim to go to bed at 10 or 11 pm. A well-rested night stimulates growth hormones for repairing the body.
- Toxin check. Consult a doctor to run tests for heavy metals, minerals and inflammation markers. In some cases, eliminating toxins can prevent disease and optimise your body to its fullest potential.
Detoxification is not a one-time process in the journey to a healthy life. Challenge yourself to change your lifestyle to create new healthy bits. With time, those habits will become a normal part of your lifestyle.