As of 15 May 2017, please kindly note the sessions are moved to the pool. Open water swim classes are postponed due to the rainy season.
Open water swim training in Phuket is one of the main attributes of triathlon races. Triathlons begin with swimming in a body of water. Learn how to swim like triathletes in oceans, lakes, or outdoor locations.
Open Water Swim Methodology
Did you know there are specific skills for swimming in the ocean? Sighting, purposing, and drafting – these are just some of the open water swim techniques our athletes learn when they book triathlon training classes. Therefore, our coaches takes guests to nearby beaches to safely practice open water swim techniques. The skills are beneficial to everyone who learns how to swim – not just triathletes.
- Learn racing techniques (stroke, sighting, drafting, and beach starting and exiting)
- Gain tactical knowledge, race specific training and getting comfortable in the water
- Improve through base and speed training
- Develop distance tolerance
- Learn how to turn, breath both ways and swim in a group
Additional Class Information
- Be comfortable with your stroke in open water
- Learn another stroke such as breaststroke to recover with less energy
- Open water swimming distance is at least 500m. Practice swimming the distance in a pool without having to put your feet down before entering a body of water.
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- Reservations must be made with Club Services and acceptance into the class will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.